This is a variation on my favorite cream cheese marble brownies, this uses only half the amount of cream cheese with the addition of dulce de leche for more yum factor! 🙂
You can melt some caramel candies or your fave chocolate to sub for the dulce de leche. Add some nuts too to the brownies if you have some; I was saving mine for another recipe :D.
Make the brownie layer..
dilute dulce de leche with water or milk..
top brownie layer with cream cheese then dulce de leche
Bake; cool and cut into squares; use a knife dipped in hot water for a neat slices but I didn’t bother
I ♥ this brownie! 🙂 if you want thicker cheesecake, just double the recipe for that layer..
DULCE de LECHE CREAM CHEESE SWIRL BROWNIES
For the brownie layer
1/2 stick butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Cream Cheese Layer
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3-1/2 cup dulce de leche diluted with 1-2 tablespoons water to make it pourable
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with foil.
Make Cream Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar, mix until well blended then add in the egg, flour and vanilla, mix well; set aside.
Make the Brownies: In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, add sugar, take pan off heat then with a wooden spoon mix butter and sugar well until it’s cool enough to add the eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl, stir to combine. Pour sugar-egg mixture to flour mixture, mix until well combined then pour into prepared pan.
Add cream cheese mixture on top then the dulce de leche; using a toothpick or point of a knife, cut dulce de leche into the cream cheese layer to make a marble or swirl effect. Bake brownies for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool then cut into squares. Enjoy!
Happy Baking!! 🙂
It’s just 17 days before Christmas..Yay!! 😀
Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- FOR THE BROWNIE LAYER
- 1/2 STICK BUTTER
- 1 CUP Granulated Sugar
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/3 CUP COCOA
- 1/2 CUP Flour
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- 4 OUNCES CREAM CHEESE ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 TABLESPOON BUTTER
- 1/4 CUP SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 1 TABLESPOON Flour
- 1/2 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 1/3-1/2 CUP DULCE DE LECHE DILUTED WITH 1-2 TABLESPOONS WATER TO MAKE IT POURABLE
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F DEGREES. LINE AN 8 OR 9-INCH SQUARE BAKING PAN WITH FOIL.
- MAKE CREAM CHEESE LAYER: BEAT CREAM CHEESE AND BUTTER UNTIL SMOOTH, ADD SUGAR, MIX UNTIL WELL BLENDED THEN ADD IN THE EGG, FLOUR AND VANILLA, MIX WELL; SET ASIDE.
- MAKE THE BROWNIES: IN A HEAVY SAUCEPAN, MELT BUTTER, ADD SUGAR, TAKE PAN OFF HEAT THEN WITH A WOODEN SPOON MIX BUTTER AND SUGAR WELL UNTIL IT’S COOL ENOUGH TO ADD THE EGGS AND VANILLA; MIX WELL. COMBINE FLOUR, COCOA, BAKING POWDER AND SALT IN A SEPARATE BOWL, STIR TO COMBINE. POUR SUGAR-EGG MIXTURE TO FLOUR MIXTURE, MIX UNTIL WELL COMBINED THEN POUR INTO PREPARED PAN.
- ADD CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE ON TOP THEN THE DULCE DE LECHE; USING A TOOTHPICK OR POINT OF A KNIFE, CUT DULCE DE LECHE INTO THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER TO MAKE A MARBLE OR SWIRL EFFECT. BAKE BROWNIES FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL TOOTHPICK INSERTED COMES OUT CLEAN. COOL THEN CUT INTO SQUARES. ENJOY!