I got this recipe from Maxwell House Coffee cookbook. The original recipe has cereal instead of coconut and doesn’t have chocolate, it does have a coffee glaze instead which I opted not to make but I included in the recipe below. This is of course very easy to make and very delicious!
Have fun baking! 🙂
Mix all ingredients until smooth
spread a third of the batter on a greased baking pan..
top with coconut-chocolate mixture..repeat layer then top with the remaining batter. Bake.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup sour cream or heavy cream
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease an 8-inch or a 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray or melted butter; set aside. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine ingredients for the streusel in a bowl and set aside. In the bowl of your mixer, sift flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder; add sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Blend at low speed then beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Spread one third of the batter in the prepared pan; sprinkle half of the coconut mixture; repeat layer and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake and top with coffee glaze (recipe below) before serving.
- Combine 1½ sifted confectioners sugar (powdered/icing sugar) with 2 tablespoons cooled brewed coffee, mix well until smooth, pour over cooled coffee cake.
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless!! 🙂 ♥