I love mac and cheese. I love it even more when I don’t have to do a lot of clean up after 🙂 I love the idea of not having to make the cheese sauce separately. This reminds me of sopas (macaroni soup) that I loved as a kid but with the milk broth reduced to a creamy consistency and with loads of cheese!
I love to say “I love” ♥ ♥ LOL. I didn’t say I’m a good writer! 😛
You may add any veggies that you like and hopefully your kids will not notice or complain when they do. My 12-year doesn’t like eating veggies but I always tell him he doesn’t have a choice; he has to eat it whatever is on the table OR no phone/ipad time. Works. Everytime. Yay to technology! 😀
One Pot Mac & Cheese with Veggies
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 1 liter Fresh Milk full cream preferably
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- Salt to taste
- 10 ounces Macaroni
- 12 pcs Brussel Sprouts add more or less or do not add at all 🙂
- 1 pc Carrot medium size / grated
- 50 grams Mozarella Cheese grated
- 50 grams Cheddar Cheese grated
- 50 grams Parmesan Cheese grated
- 50 grams Provolone Cheese grated
- Put milk in a deep pot, add salt, ground black pepper, granulated garlic and nutmeg powder.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat; then add pasta.
- Halfway through cooking the pasta, about 5 minutes, add your veggies.
- If the milk gets dried up before the pasta and veggies are done al dente, add some more milk or water.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Make sure there's enough milk to make a creamy cheese sauce 🙂
- Do a taste test..
- Pat yourself on the back..you're done.
- Enjoy the fruit of your labor 🙂