This is the recipe that I always use for making pulled pork, it’s hassle-free, I just put everything in the crockpot and it takes care of itself, which means free or extra time for me to do other things ü. Set your alarm if your slow-cooker doesn’t have a timer (like mine’s) so you won’t forget that you’re actually cooking something. You can use pulled pork to make sandwiches and tortilla wraps and it’s great for pasta too. I’m posting the recipe later for a real easy pasta recipe for that makes perfect use of this delicious pulled pork. 🙂
Pulled Pork (Slow-Cooked)
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder optional, I just want more mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 pounds about a kilo boneless pork shoulder blade roast (fresh pork butt), cut into 4 pieces
- Combine onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, tomato paste, paprika, Worcestershire, mustard, salt, and pepper until in your slow-cooker pot, mix well.
- Add pork to sauce mixture and turn to coat well with sauce. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook pork mixture on low setting as manufacturer directs, 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender.
- With tongs, transfer pork to large bowl. Turn setting on slow cooker to high; cover and heat sauce to boiling to thicken and reduce slightly. While sauce boils, with 2 forks, pull pork into shreds.
- Return shredded pork to slow cooker and toss with sauce to combine. Cover slow cooker and heat through on high setting if necessary.
- To make sandwiches, spoon pork mixture onto bottom of sandwich buns; replace tops of buns. Serve with pickles, potato chips, and hot sauce if you like.
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless!! 🙂 ♥