This is my husband and I’s favorite pasta of the moment. It’s spaghetti with chicken fillet, shiitake mushroom and peanuts in spicy oriental sauce. It’s from our favorite pizza store, Yellowcab Pizza Co. It’s spicy and really tasty. Actually the first time I tasted it I thought it was too salty so we didn’t order it again for a long time (for several years actually) then when we tried again, just last year, I thought it tasted good, not too salty anymore, I’m glad they adjusted the recipe (either that, or my tolerance for high sodium food has gotten even higher..uh-oh).
Anyways, this is my attempt to copy this pasta dish at home; I have had several tries and this recipe is the closest, really close..I think. You can try it too and see for yourself and if it’s not, well just make adjustments to your taste. 🙂
Saute garlic, onion and chicken fillet in oil..season with salt and pepper and then add the chili flakes and peanuts
add the oyster sauce mixture
..and the cooked spaghetti
The chicken, peanuts and mushrooms soaked the oyster sauce that’s why they look dark as you can see in the photo. I should have taken them right after sauteeing then just add it back again with the pasta. I didn’t think of it before but I already made the changes which I already put in the recipe below.
- sesame oil
- olive or canola or lauric cooking oil
- 8 oz chicken fillet (breast or thigh)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- garlic, minced ( as much as you like or use granules)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper chili flakes
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in water ( if you have fresh, that's better)
- 5-6 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 Tablespoons char siu sauce
- chives or green onion or parsley ( or parsley flakes)
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine vinegar (mirin)
- peanuts, skinless (as much as you like)
- spaghetti, 6 ounces
- Cook spaghetti a minute or 2 shorter than cooking time (it should still have a little white in the center when you bite it).
- Heat pan over medium heat and add cooking oil. When the oil get hot, quickly saute garlic, onion then add the chicken fillet, season lightly with salt and ground black pepper; cook for a few minutes
- Next, add red pepper flakes, shiitake mushroom and peanuts. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Combine oyster sauce, char siu sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl; mix well and add to the pan, bring to boil then lower heat and let simmer for a few minutes
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pan, mix well to coat the pasta evenly then add the cooked chicken mixture. Mix well. Finish by adding green onions or parsley and a few more drops of sesame oil. Serve.
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless!! ♥