We received a few bottles of red wine as gifts last Christmas and since I cannot drink anything with alcohol content above 4% I decided to just use it for cooking – stews and gravies mostly.
I’d like to share this super delicious and simple pork stew that I cooked in red wine.
This dish was inspired by my caldereta but I decided to keep this really simple – just pork and some chillies and red wine and of course the basic ingredients for stew: garlic, onion, salt and pepper, tomato paste.
It tastes so rich and flavorful..soooo good.. we love, love, looove it so much! 😀
I borrowed the name from a pork roast recipe (Sangria Roast Pork) that I saw from a magazine- it uses Sangria as a brining liquid. Sangria is a Spanish/Portuguese wine punch of red wine with some fruits and sweeteners.
I just use red wine for this dish, but I’m pretty sure that if I use Sangria, it’ll taste just as great if not better…I will try it next time 🙂
Sangria Pork Stew
- ½ kilogram Pork Belly or use your favorite cut
- ½ kilogram Pork Shoulder or use your favorite cut
- Garlic minced ( as much as you like)
- 1 pc Red Onion large size / minced
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- Green Finger Chilies
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Fish Sauce optional, to taste
- 1½ cup Red Wine
- Olive Oil extra virgin
- Heat a saucepan over medium high heat, add olive oil and saute garlic, onion until onion is translucent.Garlic, 1 pc Red Onion, Olive Oil
- Add pork, season with salt and pepper and cook on high heat, stirring until browned and caramelized.½ kilogram Pork Belly, ½ kilogram Pork Shoulder, Black Pepper, Salt
- Add tomato paste and red wine.3 tablespoons Tomato Paste, 1½ cup Red Wine
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium low.
- Let simmer until pork is really tender and the liquid is greatly reduced and oil starts to come out.½ kilogram Pork Belly, ½ kilogram Pork Shoulder
- Add green chillies halfway through cooking.Green Finger Chilies
- If the liquid becomes too little and the pork isn't done yet, you may add a little water then cook for more minutes repeat process as necessary.½ kilogram Pork Belly, ½ kilogram Pork Shoulder
- Adjust taste to your liking.
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless!! 🙂 ♥