My family is not a big fan of fish, if we do have fish it’s most likely pan fried with lots of sauce or steamed, ( Chinese style, oh so good!) but I still like to cook fish and collect recipes of it and this one‘s caught my interest. I’ve never heard of fish oreganata before and when I found out how unbelievably easy and quick it is to make, I just knew that I’m gonna be making it.
The fish turned out flaky and delicious, thanks mostly to the crumb topping; it is just perfect for the fish fillet which doesn’t really have that much flavor to start with (the reason also that my husband doesn’t find baked fish appetizing) to be honest. I paired it with couscous with kangkong ( water spinach) and some salad greens.
If you’re looking for simple, easy and healthy fish recipe, try this one! 🙂
put fish fillet in a foil-covered and non-stick sprayed baking sheet; cover fish with crumb topping
..and bake for about 10 minutes…so quick, huh!
Slice and serve! It looks so beautiful, like something you order from a resto 🙂
FISH FILLET OREGANATA
adapted from One Perfect Bite and Aggie’s Kitchen
8-10 ounces fish fillet ( I usually use sole or cream dory fillet)
1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 teaspoons ground oregano
1 tablespoon dried parsley (or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice ( or use calamansi juice)
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Cover a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
Wash fillet and pat dry excess water and put on the foil-covered baking sheet.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well and press crumb mixture into the fish fillet making sure it’s evenly covered. Lightly spray top with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake the fish fillet for about 10 minutes or until it is opaque. Cool a bit and slice into 3-4 pieces. Serve with some salad greens or couscous.
♥ Thanks and have a nice day!! 🙂 God Bless!! ♥
Fish Fillet Oreganata
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 8-10 OUNCES FISH FILLET I USUALLY USE SOLE OR CREAM DORY FILLET
- 1/2 CUP PANKO JAPANESE BREAD CRUMBS
- 2 TEASPOONS GROUND OREGANO
- 1 TABLESPOON DRIED PARSLEY OR 2 TABLESPOONS FRESH PARSLEY
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TABLESPOON LEMON JUICE OR USE CALAMANSI JUICE
- 1/2 TEASPOON GRANULATED GARLIC
- 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F DEGREES. COVER A BAKING PAN WITH ALUMINUM FOIL AND SPRAY IT WITH COOKING SPRAY.
- WASH FILLET AND PAT DRY EXCESS WATER AND PUT ON THE FOIL-COVERED BAKING SHEET.
- COMBINE THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL, MIX WELL AND PRESS CRUMB MIXTURE INTO THE FISH FILLET MAKING SURE IT’S EVENLY COVERED. LIGHTLY SPRAY TOP WITH NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY.
- BAKE THE FISH FILLET FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES OR UNTIL IT IS OPAQUE. COOL A BIT AND SLICE INTO 3-4 PIECES. SERVE WITH SOME SALAD GREENS OR COUSCOUS.