My favorite flavor:) Ground cacao nibs adds texture and deep cocoa flavor, it really complements the intense coffee taste of the ice cream.
I don’t recommend it for kids, let’s not start them early on coffee. 😀 I didn’t let my 13-year old son have any of this because this is so good, he might start asking for a Starbucks coffee drink. I told him to wait until he’s done growing…when he turns 18 😀
I made him strawberry ice cream instead.
- 1 can condensed milk (14 oz)
- 3 Tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup ground cacao nibs
- Dissolve coffee powder in 1 tablespoon warm water. Put condensed milk in a bowl, add coffee.
- Put heavy cream in the bowl of your mixer. Whip cream until firm peaks form.
- Fold the condensed milk into the whipped cream until well combined. Add pinch of salt and ground cacao nibs and fold until evenly incorporated.
- Transfer into a freezer-proof container; cover and chill for at least 4 hours.