Simple. Easy. Delicious. I like it when I do not have to do a lot in the kitchen to enjoy a delicious and very satisfying meal. This pasta dish fits the bill. One of my favorites.
Try it. Happy Cooking!
Stir-fry sausage slices in a pan, add garlic, onion tomatoes and seasoning. Add water (or wine) and let simmer
add cooked spaghetti and the cheese.
Done. Enjoy 🙂
Sausage and Tomato Pasta
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2-3 pieces Hungarian Sausage or use your favorite, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Red Onion large size / diced
- 4-5 pcs Tomatoes medium / seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil Leaves dried / use fresh ones if you have some
- 1 teaspoon Parsley Flakes dried
- Parmesan Cheese grated / romano, cheddar or fontina (or your favorite) cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Add about 1/4 cup coarse salt then add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and cook sausage until browned.
- Add minced garlic, onion and diced tomatoes.
- Stir while cooking until tomatoes are very soft.
- Add chilli flakes, basil leaves and parsley flakes.
- Add a cup of water.
- Turn on heat to high to bring to a boil the lower heat to let it simmer.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- When liquid is reduced to half--
- Add cooked spaghetti. Toss and stir to coat the spaghetti well.
- Turn off heat, add grated cheese and mix well. Add pasta water if it's too dry.
- Taste before serving. Enjoy! 🙂