This is perfect to have for lunch or dinner on cold days. The tamarind-miso broth is very comforting and hits the spot everytime.
I feel like there’s something missing…but the addition of miso combined with the flavor-rich salmon head gives this dish depth of flavor and makes it so delicious.
Salmon head doesn’t have much meat in it so I like to pair it with fried tilapia and steamed hot rice, and as always ice-cold coke. Mmmm.
Happy Cooking! ü GOD Bless!
Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon sa Miso ( Salmon Head in Miso Tamarind Broth)
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 3 pieces Salmon Head
- 1 pack Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix 40 grams
- 6 cups Water or rice washin
- 1 pc Onion large / sliced
- 1 pc Ginger thumb-sized / grated
- 2 pcs Tomatoes large size / quartered
- 8 pcs String Beans sitaw / cut into 3-inch long pcs
- Mustard Greens chopped or kangkong leaves
- Green Chilis finger chilis
- Miso Paste
- Olive Oil
- Salt or fish sauce / to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a big saucepan and saute onion, ginger and tomatoes.
- Add miso paste cook for about a minute then add rice washing or plain water.
- Add tamarind broth powder mix and season with fish sauce (patis).
- Add green chilies, cover pan and bring broth to a boil.
- Add salmon head.
- Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot with rice. Enjoy!!