Turn your leftover Queso de Bola (edam cheese) into a delicious creamy cheese fondue, a delicious queso dip for your chips or veggies, pretzels or toasted bread.
I make this in a saucepan because I don’t have fondue pot or fondue maker. I keep the leftover in a small glass jar.
It’s easy to reheat, just put the jar in a deep bowl (or a saucepan) with very hot water.
If you already have the ingredients on hand, just make your own delicious queso dip instead of buying.
Heat milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add chillies, garlic powder, dash of paprika.
Salt is optional, edam cheese is salty enough for me so I don’t add anymore salt.
When milk is hot, add grated queso de bola (edam cheese)
Lower heat and cook while stirring until cheese is melted and smooth.
See, it’s so easy! You might want to try making this yummy simple nachos too.😊
Queso Dip (Queso de Bola Fondue)
- Heat a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium fire.
- Add milk, garlic powder, chilis, paprika,
- When milk starts to bubble, add grated edam cheese.
- Lower heat and cook while stirring until cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add more milk if it gets too thick or cook some more if it's still too runny until you get the consistency that you like.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Serve with chips or pretzels or anything you want to dip in this delicious, creamy cheese fondue. 😊
- If you have any leftover cheese dip, transfer it in a jar keep in the fridge.
- To reheat, put the jar in a bowl or pot of hot water.