Here’s the other cake I was talking about from my last post…
If you want to pull a quickie in the kitchen this cake is perfect. I made this at the same time with the Lemon syrup Cake..there’s still enough room to fit an 8×8 square and I whip up this cake in no time at all.
It’s like making muffins only easier because after mixing, you just dump, err, pour the batter in a pan and throw it in the oven…it’ll be ready by the time you’re finish tidying up the kitchen…the lemon syrup cake will take longer to bake though..
You can enjoy these cakes once they’ve cooled but you should save half of each because it taste even better after a day or twowrap it with plastic wrap to prevent drying. Enjoy with your love ones ! 🙂
sift dry ingredients together in a bowl..then pour in wet ingredients..
pour in the pan..
bake ! Tip: if your cake has a dome top, flatten it by covering the top of the cake with a folded tea towel and pressing on the domed part…do this as soon as you take the cake out of the oven.
COCONUT LEMON CAKE
185 grams (1 1/2 cups less 1tablespoon) All-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
45 grams dessicated coconut
1 tablespoon lemon zest
250 grams ( 1 1/4 cups) sugar
125 grams ( 1/2 stick ) butter, melted
2 large eggs
250 ml ( a little over 1 cup) milk
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8 non-stick square pan.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl; add coconut, lemon zest and sugar, set aside. In another bowl, mix together milk, melted butter and eggs then add to the flour mixture. Mix until just blended the pour in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or do the toothpick test, if it comes out clean, then it’s done :). Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before inverting into a wire rack. This cake keeps for 4-5 days.
♥ Thanks for visiting..have a nice day! 🙂 ♥
Coconut Lemon Cake
- 185 GRAMS 1 1/2 CUPS LESS 1TABLESPOON ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 3 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 45 GRAMS DESSICATED COCONUT
- 1 TABLESPOON LEMON ZEST
- 250 GRAMS 1 1/4 CUPS SUGAR
- 125 GRAMS 1/2 STICK BUTTER, MELTED
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 250 ML A LITTLE OVER 1 CUP MILK
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F. GREASE AN 8×8 NON-STICK SQUARE PAN.
- SIFT FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, SALT IN A BOWL; ADD COCONUT, LEMON ZEST AND SUGAR, SET ASIDE. IN ANOTHER BOWL, MIX TOGETHER MILK, MELTED BUTTER AND EGGS THEN ADD TO THE FLOUR MIXTURE. MIX UNTIL JUST BLENDED THE POUR IN THE PREPARED BAKING PAN. BAKE FOR 25-30 MINUTES OR DO THE TOOTHPICK TEST, IF IT COMES OUT CLEAN, THEN IT’S DONE :). COOL IN THE PAN FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES BEFORE INVERTING INTO A WIRE RACK. THIS CAKE KEEPS FOR 4-5 DAYS.