One of my favorite pasta dishes is Pasta Primavera because I love how simple and easy it is but I made it even easier with this updated recipe. Just two veggies -squash and zucchini which gives this dish fresh taste with a touch of sweetness from the squash and saltiness from bacon the cheese and bacon. You may skip the bacon but I wouldn’t do it…it makes this dish so extra.. Delicious 🙂
transfer the roasted squash and zucchini in a large bowl
Add the cooked caserecce
add the grated Parmesan cheese
Top with chopped crispy bacon. Enjoy 🙂
Roasted Squash and Zucchini Pasta Salad
- 2 cups Squash peeled and cubed
- 1 pc Zucchini large size / sliced into chunks
- 3 cloves Garlic sliced thinly or minced
- 6 oz Caserrece Pasta or macaroni or any similarly shaped pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 200 g Bacon crisp / pan-fried or broiled, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Put squash and zucchini in a baking pan, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly with your hands (or wooden spoons) to mix and evenly spread on the pan.
- Put it in the preheated oven to roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put water in a pot, when it boils, add salt and pasta.
- Cook caserecce until al dente.
- Drain, reserve some of the pasta water for later use.
- Transfer pasta in a big bowl; add roasted squash and zucchini ( use a spatula to scrape all the oil too).
- Add the grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley flakes.
- Toss to mix. Drizzle some more extra-virgin olive oil and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Taste before serving.