This is from Nigella’s cookalong a few months back. I like trying out her recipes, this is one of the many that I want to share here. I really like curry and squash is one of my favorite veg, and unlike other veggies, I don’t mind if it’s over-cooked ’cause I like it soft and mushy but not too much though or it’ll be like eating baby food..yikes.
Like Nigella, I like the intense flavor of curry, so I added 2 tablespoons of it, maybe a bit more. I added green chillies, it has a delicious aroma that goes well with coconut milk dishes and to add more zing ’cause we really like our food hot and spicy!
This is so delicious, you’re likely to eat more rice than you normally do, so if you’re on a diet watch out! 😉
combine coconut milk and curry paste, add squash and chillies
add fish fillet
serve with rice, lots of rice!
♥ Have a nice day!! God Bless! ♥
Squash and Fish Curry
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste or red thai curry paste
- 350 ml Fish Stock or you can use water
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Palm Sugar or caster sugar
- 3 stalks Lemon Grass each cut into three and bruised with the flat of a knife
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 kg Squash peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 500 g Fish Fillet bite-sized chunks
- 1 pc Lime Juice to taste ( I used calamansi juice)
- Coriander Powder to garnish
- Skim the thick creamy top off the tin of coconut milk and put it, over medium heat, into a large saucepan or casserole with the curry paste.
- Let it sizzle and, using a fork, whisk or wooden spoon, beat milk and paste together until combined.
- Still beating gently, add the rest of the coconut milk, fish stock, fish sauce, sugar, lemongrass, lime leaves and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil and then add the pumpkin.
- Cook on fast simmer until the pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the fish fillet; when it's cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, stir in any green veg you're using - sliced, chopped or shredded as suits - and tamp down with a wooden spoon.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime, stir and taste and add the juice of the remaining half if you feel it needs it.
- Take the pan off the heat or decant the curry into a large bowl, and sprinkle over the coriander; if using.