Having a cake sitting on a counter or table seem so special, it’s easy just to buy cake from a bakeshop but if you have the time why not make this really simple cake.
I used a recipe from Wesson oil ( but I used coconut lauric oil) for the chiffon cake; the whole cake though is inspired by this cake. I haven’t tasted that cake but I’ve doubt it’s as good as it looks.
My version is not as gorgeous but it is really delicious, the cheese is a real compliment to the cream frosting. I used half cheddar and quickmelt cheeses for the topping, it’s a real treat.. you should try it! 🙂
You can use this cake to make just about anything, I have used this for a mocha layer cake, strawberry cream cake and this cake..cheesy cream cake.
Just use any frosting or filling that you like and you can create a special cake for your loved ones!
mix dry ingredients in a bowl, add half of the milk and oil
mix well for about a minute..
..then add egg yolks and the remaining milk
beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff and gently fold in the batter
pour into prepared pan and bake
..and turn it into this cake if you like..just whip a chilled cream and use it to fill and frost the cake then top with grated cheddar cheese.
say cheese!! 🙂
♥ Smile and have a nice day! GOD Bless! ♥
Two Egg Chiffon Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and line two 8″ or 9″ pan, set aside.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually beat in ½ cup sugar, beat until stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Add oil, half of milk and vanilla.
- Beat 1 min at medium speed.
- Beat 2 min more, add egg yolks and remaining milk.
- Fold in beaten egg whites gently until evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees layers 30 to 35 minutes.
- For cupcakes, bake at 400F degrees for 18-20 minutes.
TO MAKE CHEESE CREAM CAKE:
- Cool cakes completely.
- Whip 1 cup of cream and 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff.
- Put one cake layer in a cake board or cake stand.
- Put ⅓ of the whipped cream (you may add grated cheese on top too)
- Then put the other cake layer gently on top, cover with remaining whipped cream and grated cheese.
- Serve with your favorite coffee. Enjoy!