This is a very simple cheesecake bar, I use only 1 block of cream cheese for the filling. I think that this is enough to satisfy my craving for cheesecake without overwhelming myself.
I find that the proportion of crust to filling is just right for this cheesecake bars; it taste rich and the addition of salted caramel sauce makes it more decadent.
It may not look it, but trust me, it is and watch out you may not notice that you are eating more of it than you should. 🙂
Happy Baking! 🙂
Combine crushed graham, sugar and butter and press on the bottom of baking dish, bake. Add filling on top
add salted caramel sauce on top of cream cheese filling
Make swirls using tip of a knife. Bake until firm
Cool completely before cutting. Enjoy! 🙂
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray, line pan with foil and butter.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar in medium bowl.
- Add melted butter; stir until well mixed.
- Transfer crumb mixture to pan.
- Press evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake until crust is light golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack.
FOR THE FILLING:
- Blend cream cheese and sugar in electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add egg, mixing until combined.
- Spread batter evenly over cooled crust.
- Pour salted caramel sauce on top of creamcheese mixture and using a knife, run the tip lightly on top to make swirls.
- Bake until just set in center and edges are puffed and slightly cracked, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer to rack, cool completely before cutting.