It’s just a few more days before Valentine’s Day..and if you are thinking of making something special for your amore, may I suggest you try this incredibly simple and yet spectacularly delicious chocolate cake.
You only need two ingredients…TWO!! What could be easier than that (okay, please don’t say buying from a bakeshop is; you could do that but it’s not as impressive to your special someone, ha!)
I’ve seen this cake around and I only got to try it today as a dry run because I wanted to make this for husband on Valentine’s day.
I’m thinking of putting fresh strawberries on top and more drizzling of melted chocolate to make it uber special and romantic-looking. 😉
Since it’s just a trial for me, I eliminated one step in the original recipe by beating/whipping the eggs without separating the whites from the yolks-I always hated that part of making a cake.
I’m happy to share that it worked! Oh, okay I have a hunched it will because I’ve done it with other recipes before but it was always with sugar and since this recipe doesn’t have any sugar in it (all the sweetness come from the chocolates), I was a little worried…just a bit.
It’s a lesson learned if it failed..but it didn’t! So, yay!!
Happy Baking, guys!! Have a Nice Day..keep smiling! 🙂
Chocolate and some eggs are all you need to make a delicious chocolate cake 🙂
Melt the chocolate.
Beat the eggs until light fluffy and pale.
Fold the eggs into the chocolate.
Pour into the prepared pan.
Dust with powdered sugar or decorate or garnish as desired. Enjoy!
Two-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- 6 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate cut into pieces / or use chocolate candy melts
- 3 pcs Eggs large size
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Line bottom and sides of a 6×3 inch round baking pan with parchment paper
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over pot of simmering water then let cool. set aside
- Put eggs in the bowl of your mixer and using a whisk attachment, beat the eggs until its light, fluffy and pale and can hold shape.
- Add a little (about 2 tablespoons) of whipped eggs to the cooled melted chocolate and gently fold to lighten the mixture.
- Fold the rest of the eggs to the chocolate and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Take off the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Peel off the parchment paper and cool cake completely before serving.
- Optional: dust some powdered sugar over the cake before serving.