This is one of my favorite dishes that I often make for my family. Very yummy and not at all hard to make. I like to serve it family style – put all the pan-fried pork steak on a serving platter and drown them with gravy. Serve with plain or garlic fried rice with veggies.
The recipe below is good for 4 persons, I always make extra for my husband and for my growing just-turned-teenager-boy.
drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, parsley flakes and chili flakes to make it more appetizing 🙂
This is one of my favorite dishes that I often make for my family. Very yummy and not at all hard to make. I like to serve it family style - put all the pan-fried pork steak on a serving platter and drown them with gravy.
- 4-6 pcs Pork Steak
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Fine Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder or Granulated Garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon Coconut Oil or extra-virgin olive oil / for pan frying
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Heat skillet or frying pan over medium high heat, add oil about 2 tablespoons
- Rinse pork steak and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder on a plate. Mix well.
- Season both sides of each steak with fine salt and ground black pepper.
- Dredge the pork steak on the seasoned flour, flip to coat the other side.
- When oil is hot enough, fry pork steak until browned, flip to cook the other side.
- When all the steaks are done, make the gravy by adding the a tablespoon of leftover seasoned flour to the pan.
- Stir to cook the flour, about a minute then gradually add liquid (You may use red wine, stock or plain water), about a cup.
- Scrape the bottom of the pan to get all that yummy fond - those flavorful browned bits- at the bottom.
- Keep stirring while cooking to prevent lumps from forming.
- Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper and dash of granulated garlic.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, gravy will get thick, add more liquid if it's too thick; turn off heat then add the butter.
- Stir to mix. Strain into a serving dish; Either serve the gravy separately or as I would like to do, pour it all over the pork steak and serve family style.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!