I love how deliciously messy cobbler looks -that warm sweet fruit-filled dough as it slowly melts the cold ice cream on top. It’s like Yin and Yang in your mouth as you take a spoonful of it. Yum.
I found peach slices in syrup in glass jars which makes peach cobbler quick and easy -no peeling and slicing and cooking- plus I get to have a nice mason jar too. Sweet. 😀
I imagine using fresh peaches would be more delicious but we do not have it in the Philippines, there are frozen peach slices in some supermarkets but they are not always available, too bad because I actually prefer using the frozen ones even if I have to do an extra step of cooking it with some sugar. I’ve tried the same recipe with frozen cherries and it is delicious, too 🙂
Happy Baking! 🙂
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Put butter in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and melt in the oven.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter over melted butter, do not stir.
- Add in the peach slices (do not include the syrup, if you think using the whole jar is too much, add less and use the remaining peaches for your pancakes next time).
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
- Enjoy 🙂