You’ll love this fiery appetizer. The heat from the green chilies balanced by the creamy goodness of melted cheese inside is sure to get your appetite fired up.
I don’t scrape the seeds out of the chilies anymore because I don’t want to lose that heat plus it means less work for me. Yay!
This is very simple to make. Slit, stuff and fry. The sauce I make for dipping is also very easy to do and quite hot too!
Slit the green chilies and stuff each one with shredded cheddar cheese
wrap in spring roll wrapper
ready for the hot oil 🙂
fry until golden brown. Enjoy!
Dynamite (Cheese-Stuffed Green Chili Rolls)
- Wash and dry green chilies.
- Using tip of sharp knife, make a slit from the top to the bottom of the chilies to make an opening.
- Scrape the seeds out if you want a mild heat.
- Fill the inside of each chili with shredded cheese.
- Lay a spring roll wrapper on a work surface, place the stuffed chili on the side nearest to you, fold the bottom over the end of the chili then wrap the side over and start rolling.
- Dip your finger or a pastry brush in water and use it as a “paste” to seal the end of the wrapper.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, about 1-2 inches deep.
- Carefully lay green chili rolls to fry. Cook until brown and golden.
- Lay cooked dynamite on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by combining all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook while stirring until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy:)