This is a very satisfying and healthy soup, with a hint of ginger and coconut milk, this has a curry-like taste to it.
Left-over soup can be use as sauce for grilled meat or chicken. Yum:)
It is so easy to make, hard to make mistakes here. I like to make it in small batch so there will be no left-overs. If you happen to have some, just add some water when re heating because this soup thickens when it gets cold.
Squash Soup (with Coconut Milk)
- Boil squash in a pot until tender.
- Let cool before scraping the squash from skin/peel then mash using fork or potato masher.
- Put medium pot over medium high heat, add oil.
- When oil is hot enough, saute minced garlic and grated ginger.
- Add the mashed squash then coconut milk, stir well.
- Add some water, start with 1/4 cup of water then add more if needed; the squash will absorb some of the liquid as it cooks, you decide on the consistency of the soup, whether you want it thick or a little runny. In-between is perfect.
- Season with salt and black ground pepper to taste. Add about a teaspoon of moringa powder, if using.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes. If the soup gets too thick, add more water. If it's too runny, give it more time to cook.
- Serve hot. Add more coconut milk before serving (optional) and dash of ground black pepper and moringa powder for added nutrition 🙂 Enjoy