This dessert – like most of the recipes that I share here- is super simple, quick and oh- so-yummy! Anyone can do this -even kids, just make sure that you have an adult with you especially when adding the cream to the hot caramel.
Bananas Foster is actually just Minatamis na Saging (caramelised banana) serve with ice cream. My mom used to make caramelized bananas often when we were kids for dessert or snack; she uses coconut milk sometimes but most of the time it’s without which is good too but I like the version with coconut milk better. But I didn’t know that I could add ice cream to it..no one told me!! *cry, cry*
I was a voracious eater as a kid and dessert is my favorite part of any meal. I would have enjoyed it tremendously! I should have thought of it, it’s a no-brainer. Oooh, I can just imagine myself as a kid devouring it to my hearts content with eyes gleaming with happiness without any regrets at all after because back then, calories doesn’t matter..at all! Oh well..*sigh*
My kids are lucky, I know now what I didn’t know then and I will not let them go through childhood without enjoying this wickedly delicious dessert. Hah. My son he loves it still but my daughter doesn’t like it with ice cream anymore..she’s 16 now and so conscious of her weight but she used to love it too with ice cream. :)
Note: I use coconut cream in the recipe but you can use regular cream if you like that better.
Happy Cooking! God Bless :)
- 3-4 pcs large ripe saba banana, sliced diagonally and thinly
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut cream or all purpose cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and cook until sugar is melted and golden brown.
- Lower heat or take pan off of the stove and slowly add the coconut cream while stirring to prevent sugar from clumping. Add vanilla extract and the sliced bananas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer into bowls and add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
- Enjoy! :)