Simple. Easy. Delicious. I like it when I do not have to do a lot in the kitchen to enjoy a delicious and very satisfying meal. This pasta dish fits the bill. One of my favorites.
Try it. Happy Cooking!
Sausage and Tomato Pasta
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 pieces Hungarian sausage (or use your favorite), thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4-5 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves (use fresh ones if you have some)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- grated parmesan, romano, cheddar or fontina (or your favorite) cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil on high heat . Add about ¼ cup coarse salt then add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a saute pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil and cook sausage until browned. Add minced garlic, onion and diced tomatoes. Stir while cooking until tomatoes are very soft. Add chilli flakes, basil leaves and parsley flakes. Add a cup of water. Turn on heat to high to bring to a boil the lower heat to let it simmer. Season with salt and ground black pepper. When liquid is reduced to half--
- Add cooked spaghetti. Toss and stir to coat the spaghetti well. Turn off heat, add grated cheese and mix well. Add pasta water if it's too dry.
- Taste before serving. Enjoy! 🙂