Word..these cookies are so yummy I can’t seem to stop eating ’em…help! 😉 I made these cookies for my kids but I end up eating most of it ..lol; good thing this recipe makes 3 dozens so there’s still plenty left- mostly the ones with raisins ( I took a third of the batter and added raisins and to it because I didn’t have enough chocolates and nuts for the whole batter. They’re good too and healthier.
I’ve tried other banana cookies recipes before but this is the best one so far and I’m adding it to my favorites.. now I have one more good way to use over-ripe bananas aside from banana cakes and muffins. 🙂
cream butter and sugars well..and don’t forget to scrape sides and bottom of bowl
add flour and the rest of the ingredients..
I didn’t use parchment paper, I just grease my coated pan with butter.. it’s quicker
hmmm.. freshly baked cookies plus a glass of cold milk and a good movie…isn’t life good? 🙂
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHUNKS COOKIES
adapted from Marthat Stewart‘s recipe
Makes about 3 dozen
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats ( I used quick cooking oats)
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped into 1/4-inch chunks ( I used dark chocolate)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (about 2 ounces), toasted
note: I didn’t have enough walnuts and only 6 ounces of chocolate so I added raisins, for the oats I like to use quick-cooking oats for cookies, the texture is better. I didn’t use parchment paper, the cookies stick to it, in my experience.. I use non-stick pans, I just grease it; it gives my cookies crisp bottoms and soft interior – Olive
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside. Put butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined. Mix in banana. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chunks, and walnuts.
2. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto greased* baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 12 to 13 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers up to 2 days.
* for those new to baking..it means brush your baking pans lighly with softened or melted butter or spray with baking spray like Criscos or Pam.
♥ Thank you and have a nice weekend! ♥
Banana Chocolate Chunks Cookies
- 1 CUP All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 CUP WHOLE-WHEAT FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON COARSE SALT
- 1/2 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 3/4 CUP 1 1/2 STICKS UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
- 1/2 CUP Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 CUP Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 LARGE EGG
- 1 1/2 TEASPOONS PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/2 CUP MASHED RIPE BANANA ABOUT 1 LARGE
- 1 CUP OLD-FASHIONED ROLLED OATS I USED QUICK COOKING OATS
- 8 OUNCES SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE COARSELY CHOPPED INTO 1/4-INCH CHUNKS ( I USED DARK CHOCOLATE)
- 1/2 CUP COARSELY CHOPPED WALNUTS ABOUT 2 OUNCES, TOASTED
- NOTE: I DIDN’T HAVE ENOUGH WALNUTS AND ONLY 6 OUNCES OF CHOCOLATE SO I ADDED RAISINS FOR THE OATS I LIKE TO USE QUICK-COOKING OATS FOR COOKIES, THE TEXTURE IS BETTER. I DIDN’T USE PARCHMENT PAPER, THE COOKIES STICK TO IT, IN MY EXPERIENCE.. I USE NON-STICK PANS, I JUST GREASE IT; IT GIVES MY COOKIES CRISP BOTTOMS AND SOFT INTERIOR – OLIVE
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES. WHISK TOGETHER FLOURS, SALT, AND BAKING SODA IN A SMALL BOWL; SET ASIDE. PUT BUTTER AND SUGARS INTO THE BOWL OF AN ELECTRIC MIXER FITTED WITH THE PADDLE ATTACHMENT; MIX ON MEDIUM SPEED UNTIL PALE AND FLUFFY. REDUCE SPEED TO LOW. ADD EGG AND VANILLA; MIX UNTIL COMBINED. MIX IN BANANA. ADD FLOUR MIXTURE; MIX UNTIL JUST COMBINED. STIR IN OATS, CHOCOLATE CHUNKS, AND WALNUTS.
- USING A 1 1/2-INCH ICE CREAM SCOOP, DROP DOUGH ONTO GREASED* BAKING SHEETS LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER, SPACING ABOUT 2 INCHES APART. BAKE COOKIES, ROTATING SHEETS HALFWAY THROUGH, UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN AND JUST SET, 12 TO 13 MINUTES. LET COOL ON SHEETS ON WIRE RACKS 5 MINUTES. TRANSFER COOKIES TO WIRE RACKS; LET COOL COMPLETELY. COOKIES CAN BE STORED IN AIRTIGHT CONTAINERS UP TO 2 DAYS.
- * FOR THOSE NEW TO BAKING..IT MEANS BRUSH YOUR BAKING PANS LIGHLY WITH SOFTENED OR MELTED BUTTER OR SPRAY WITH BAKING SPRAY LIKE CRISCOS OR PAM.