This pasta dish is inspired by the show 4 Ingredients; it came to me couple of nights ago, I was too tired to cook and was ready to order food but then I saw the already thawed bacon, and I remembered how Kim and Rachel can whip up something good for their families in just a few minutes using just a few ingredients and I suddenly got inspired to cook! I had some peas and canned mushroom soup and of course we always have pasta… a-ha! 🙂
Although this pasta dish has more than 4 ingredients, it’s just as easy. No chopping, no slicing..and you’ll have a hearty pasta dish in less than half an hour!
cook bacon in a pan, mushroom next then add mushroom soup , water and peas..
..bring to a boil then add cooked fettuccine
some grated cheese and add bacon last
yummy pasta! 🙂
FETTUCCINE with BACON, MUSHROOM & PEAS
4 -5 servings
200 g bacon
10 ounces fettuccine, about a fistfull
2 fistfulls ( about 2/3 cup) frozen green peas
1 small can sliced mushroom
1 small can condensed cream of mushroom
dried oregano powder
ground black pepper
Bring a pot of water to boil over high heat, add salt and fettuccine, cook for about 9 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown bacon in a pan over medium high heat. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Pour the oil out of the pan, saute mushroom for about a minute then pour a can of cream of mushroom, add a can of water. Season with ground black pepper and oregano and/or basil if using, bring to boil; add green peas and a little grated cheese. Taste it first before adding the cheese since cream of mushroom is already salty. Add the cooked fettuccine, mix then add the bacon last. Serve and enjoy! 🙂
♥ Thanks for your time..have a nice day!! 🙂 ♥
Fettuccine with Bacon, Mushroom and Peas
- 200 G BACON
- 10 OUNCES FETTUCCINE ABOUT A FISTFULL
- 2 FISTFULLS ABOUT 2/3 CUP FROZEN GREEN PEAS
- 1 SMALL CAN SLICED MUSHROOM
- 1 SMALL CAN CONDENSED CREAM OF MUSHROOM
- GRATED CHEESE
- DRIED OREGANO POWDER
- DRIED BASIL
- GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- BRING A POT OF WATER TO BOIL OVER HIGH HEAT, ADD SALT AND FETTUCCINE, COOK FOR ABOUT 9 MINUTES.
- MEANWHILE, BROWN BACON IN A PAN OVER MEDIUM HIGH HEAT. DRAIN ON PAPER TOWELS AND SET ASIDE. POUR THE OIL OUT OF THE PAN, SAUTE MUSHROOM FOR ABOUT A MINUTE THEN POUR A CAN OF CREAM OF MUSHROOM, ADD A CAN OF WATER. SEASON WITH GROUND BLACK PEPPER AND OREGANO AND/OR BASIL IF USING, BRING TO BOIL; ADD GREEN PEAS AND A LITTLE GRATED CHEESE. TASTE IT FIRST BEFORE ADDING THE CHEESE SINCE CREAM OF MUSHROOM IS ALREADY SALTY. ADD THE COOKED FETTUCCINE, MIX THEN ADD THE BACON LAST. SERVE AND ENJOY!