I have never tried using cornmeal in pancakes before and I’ve always imagined that it would not taste as good as regular pancakes because the cornmeal will affect the texture and bite but I was surprised when I tried this recipe that I found at the packaging of Bob’s Red Mill cornmeal.
The pancakes turned out soft, light and delicious, an added bonus is that they’re healthier!
This is quick to make, I used yogurt instead of buttermilk because it’s what I have in stock and I used coconut oil which gives a really delicious aroma to the pancakes.
Except for those, I didn’t change anything anymore.
This is worth a try.. I promise. In fact, I have added this to my favorite pancake recipes.
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Cornmeal Yogurt Pancakes
- Measure Cup
- Glass Bowl
- Flour Sifter
- Griddle Pan
- Range Oven
- 1 cup Water boiling
- ¾ cup Stone Ground Cornmeal medium grind
- 1¼ cups Yogurt plain
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 1 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour sifted
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- Pour water over cornmeal, stir until thick.
- Add milk, beat in eggs.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, add to cornmeal mixture. Stir in oil.
- Cook on hot ungreased griddle.
- Serve with butter and your favorite pancake syrup.
- We like ours with honey 🙂