Red is such a sexy color.
It brings instant attraction and allure to something (or someone), and this good old brownies is no exception.
I have been seeing a lot of these around and I told myself I’m not gonna give in to the temptation, but I’m so human…with a weakness for brownies and cheesecake and swirly things, and the color red. 😉
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
FOR THE RED VELVET CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 inch baking pan. (I used glass)
FOR THE BROWNIE LAYER:
- Add melted butter to a large bowl and add sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar, mixing after each addition.
- Whisk the eggs into the cocoa mix.
- Mix in the flour until lightly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, saving ⅓ to ¼ cup of the batter for the cream cheese layer.
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
- Put the remaining cocoa batter over the cream cheese layer.
- Using the tip of a knife, swirl through the cream cheese mixture to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before cutting.
- Wrap remaining brownies in saran wrap and keep in fridge.
Recipe adapted from here.