So here’s the recipe for the pasta dish that I mentioned in my post yesterday. It’s my favorite recipe using pulled pork. I love it because it’s not just very easy but also oh so goood..hearty, yummy satisfyingly-good!!
It’s easy like I said provided you have done the pulled pork already, all you have to do is boil the pasta while heating the braising liquid or the stock from cooking the pork, grate some cheese, roughly chop your greens, mix ’em well, taste it, et voila..it’s done!
Although the recipe asks for pappardelle which is not very common, you can substitute any flat or ribbon noodles or any pasta really, I like to use leftover or scrap uncooked lasagna sheets.
I have an assortment of them cause I like to try different brands of pasta recently I tried spinach lasagna sheets and I have some extra too so I used it for this recipe..perfect!
So what’s a pappardelle? Pappardelle is a flat ribbon pasta (pa-par-day-lay) it’s cousins with tagliatelle (tah-lyah-TELL-eh).. wider than fettucine ( fay-tuh-chee-nee) and longer and narrower than lasagna.. ü
Pasta With Pulled Pork
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 1 pound Pappardelle or other wide ribbon pasta
- 1½ pounds Pork Loin braised / pulled
- 2 cups Braising Liquids liquid derived from braising the pork
- 3 tablespoons Butter cut into pats
- 1 pc Lemon juiced
- 1 bundle Arugula large size / or watercress / or spinach / washed and trimmed / I sometimes use basil
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- Nutmeg grated
- Parmigiano Reggiano for garnish
- 1 handful Flat Leaf Parsley or celery greens / fresh / chopped / for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Salt the water, add the pappardelle, and cook to al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid just before draining the pasta.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the pulled pork and braising liquids, in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the hot pot.
- Toss with butter, the braised pork, 2 cups braising liquid, lemon juice, and starchy water as needed to produce enough sauce to coat the pasta and give the pappardelle movement.
- Wilt the arugula greens into the pasta, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste.
- Serve in shallow dishes and top with cheese, and parsley.
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless!! 🙂 ♥