Making homemade ice cream with condensed milk and cream is so easy. There’s no limit to the flavors that you can make. Dark chocolate is on top of my favorites followed by dulce de leche ice cream. I usually use 70-80 percent chocolate, if it’s not available, I use unsweetened baking chocolate but I add more oreo cookies or grated sweet chocolate for balance. I don’t like it when it’s not sweet enough, it’s not enjoyable to eat. Chocolate Ice cream after all is a treat so for me it should be sweet, creamy..decadent. You know, that I-should-not-be eating-this-but-I-want to-and-I-just-have-to-have-it kind of treat. That’s happiness but don’t over do it lest it turns into guilt. 😀
Dark Chocolate Homemade Ice Cream
Making homemade ice cream with condensed milk and cream is so easy. There's no limit to the flavors that you can make.
- 1 can Condensed Milk 300 ml size
- 8 ounces Dark Chocolate grated or finely chopped/ 70-80 percent
- 2 cups Whipping Cream 35 percent
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Oreo Cookies finely crushed
- Cacao Nibs (optional, for topping)
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering pot of water. Set aside to cool
- Add melted cooled chocolate to condensed milk in a small bowl
- Whip the cream using mixer until peaks form. Add condensed milk and chocolate mixture. Whip until fully combined.
- Fold in crushed oreo cookies, if using. Transfer to freezer safe container. Even the top and store i the freezer for at least 4 hrs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!