Making this bread pudding is really easy and you’ll only need a few ingredients.
shred or cut stale bread into small pieces
soak raisins in rum (or water), this is optional
prepare custard and pour it into bread, let it soak then add raisins
pour bread mixture into a lined round baking pan
and steam until done (about 35 min)
|Simple Steamed Bread Pudding|
- 3 cups stale bread, cut into shreds or small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 big can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup raisins soaked in 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and condensed milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder, if using. Mix well.
- Pour custard to the bread or add bread to the custard and let it stand for at least 30 minutes or until the bread has soaked up most of the custard.
- Prepare/preheat steamer. If you do not have a steamer, get a large pot and put a trivet or something to hold the pan inside (make sure it’s heat-proof). Put some water and bring to boil, covered.
- Prepare the pan. Line the bottom of a 6-inch round pan with parchment paper. This is just for ease of removing the pudding from the pan; I have tried it without the paper and was able to get the pudding out successfully. :)
- Add raisins to the bread mixture; mix until well-combined. Pour mixture into lined pan and put into the already hot steamer.
- Steam for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Without the raisins, this pudding is not that sweet. If you want to make it sweeter you may want to add 2 tablespoons (or more) sugar to the custard.
Powered by Facebook Comments