I just made this dish for last night’s dinner-it was so good that I couldn’t wait to share it here. This simple Italian dish is absolutely delicious..you must try it, too!
It’s easy and quick, with just a few ingredients that are probably in your pantry, you have to buy the pork chops or pork steak though, whichever you prefer.
This is keeper, it’s one of my favorites already. 🙂 The sweet and tangy honey-balsamic glaze is just.. wow!
this photo doesn’t really do justice to the recipe but it’s the best I could come up with..
Like I said, this is very easy and quick!
Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil on pork chops/steak then season with salt and pepper generously, the recipe says to let it sit for half an hour but I did not wait that long..
Meanwhile , make the glaze by boiling honey, rosemary and balsamic until reduced to 1/4 cup then add butter
Grill the pork chops in the pre-heated grill.
Occasionally baste with the honey-balsamic glaze
That’s it! Serve with rice and veggies on the side. Enjoy! 🙂
Maiale in Agrodolce (Sweet and Sour Glazed Pork Chops)
- 4 Bone-In Pork Chops 10 oz per piece / frenched ( I used pork steak)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary torn into 1" pieces (I used dried rosemary)
- Put pork chops on a plate.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, balsamic vinegar, butter and rosemary. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or electric grill to medium-high heat.
- Put pork chops on grill and cook.
- Occasionally turning and basting with balsamic mixture, until browned and cooked through, 12–14 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.