My favorite thing to do with chicken breast fillet is breaded chicken since it doesn’t really have much flavor, it is for me the best way to cook it. It’s crunchy outside and tender inside, the sauce and whatever dressing you choose to pair it with will make it even more enjoyable to eat.
I usually use only bread crumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper when making breaded chicken, now when I saw this recipe from Cuisine at home with pecans added to the breading/crusting mixture I wanted to try to just to satisfy my curiosity plus the photo looks delicious, I suddenly got a craving for it. 🙂 I know I’m not gonna be using ground pecans or any nuts regularly for crusting since it’s quite pricey, I’d rather use it in baking. I replaced some of the panko with ground flax seed in the crusting mixture no reason , I just want to try. 🙂
The chicken tasted good, as I expected and the honey mustard dressing for the salad greens is delicious, too!
Dip chicken breast fillet in the dipping mixture
then dredge in the crusting mixture..
saute or pan-fry until browned on both sides..
slice chicken and serve with salad greens with honey-mustard dressing..it’s good! 🙂
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare chicken breasts, cutting and pounding.
- Blend egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice with a fork in a wide shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and zest in a second wide shallow dish. Crust chicken breasts. Let rest at room temperature on a rack for 20-30 minutes to set crust.
- Saute chicken in oil in a large, nonstick, oven proof skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Carefully turn with a spatula, and transfer the skillet to the oven to finish cooking. Roast chicken just until done, about 8 more minutes.
♥ Have a nice day! God Bless!