especially with chocolate…Mmmmmm!
Try making it yourself this weekend with your family!
Make the bomboloni dough by combining a little of the flour, water, yeast and sugar in a bowl
mix until smooth, cover with plastic wrap, set aside until it becomes foamy
mix the rest of the ingredients, adding flour a little at a time
mix using dough hook until comes off of the sides of the bowl
form into a ball and refrigerate overnight
it’ll grow like this, transfer to a lightly floured surface and let it come to room temp before
rolling it slightly and cutting it into circles or flowers
or any shape you want..lay cut dough into a lightly greased pan, let rise for at least half an hour more before frying in hot oil. Drain in paper towels
roll bomboloni in sugar and serve with lemon curd or melted chocolate
or just serve them plain..with coffee or chocolate drink
|Bomboloni (Italian Doughnuts)|
- 16 ounces/ 225 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons instant yeast
- 50 grams sugar
- 1/4 cup/ 65 ml water, room temperature
- 3easpoons/ 15 ml milk, room temperature
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla oil /extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Vegetable or corn oil, for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, bring together 50 grams of flour, yeast, half the sugar, and water. Stir the ingredients and mix until smooth. Cover with a plastic wrap and leave to rest in a warm place until the mixture is foamy (about an hour).
- Add the milk, egg yolks, vanilla and salt to the mixture and use a dough hook on low speed to incorporate the ingredients.
- Slowly add the rest of the flour a few tablespoons at a time. Add the oil and mix for another 4-5 minutes until the dough is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, and let it warm up a little before rolling it out, about 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to half-inch thickness and cut out rounds with a 1.5-inch diameter cutter; Pat any leftover dough into a rectangle and cut more circles out of it.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed saucepan to 350F/180C. Deep-fry, without crowding the pan, turning each disc once or twice for even browning, until puffed and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and roll in sugar before serving with lemon curd on the side or melted chocolate..yum!
Powered by Facebook Comments