You know what they say: “When life give you lemons..” Turn those lemons into lemonades or better yet, into these yummy cookies. :)
I really like the fresh, clean taste of these cookies…like little bites of sunshine :D
Why don’t you try making it to know what I mean. They’re perfect for tea time.
I wasn’t able to take lots of photos..only these two. But cookies are easy..I’m pretty sure anyone can do this with or without the visual aid. Promise.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip together butter, sugar and lemon zest until pale and fluffy Mix in egg then blend in egg yolk.
- Add lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract and mix until combined. With mixer set on low speed (if using stand mixer) slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl. Scoop dough out about 1½ Tbsp at a time and shape into a ball, then drop in powdered sugar and roll to evenly coat. Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet, repeat with remaining dough and space cookies 2-inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 - 13 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is adapted from here, (thank you :)) I made a few alterations.