I love salted egg, I think I may have mentioned it in one of my early posts that I like having it for my afternoon snack paired with ice-cold bottle of coke back in my college years- those carefree days of not having to worry about cholesterol; that time when I do not seem to gain any weight–I can eat whatever, whenever and not gain any lbs at all.
I have stick arms back then, now my arms are like cake rolls! LOL. Just kidding. They’re definitely bigger though because my body structure has changed after more than 2 decades…I like to think that it’s just a natural part of my evolution 😀
Okay, here’s one recipe that uses yummy, creamy, sinful salted egg yolk..about a month ago I went crazy with salted eggs, I bought a lot and ate it for snacks (my daughter loves it too) used it on this shrimp recipe, on carbonara and on pancakes! I have photos of them, I’ll find time to share them here, too.
For this recipe, I like to use shrimp that’s already shelled so all I need to do is to de-vein them, it makes cooking this dish quick and easy.
On the other hand, I don’t mind shelling prawns because they’re big hence I only have to do a few pieces..just saying.:D
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Salted Egg Yolk Shrimp
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 20 pcs Shrimp cleaned / shelled / deveined
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder or granulated garlic / optional
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil or coconut oil
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 pcs Salted Eggs yolks / from cooked salted eggs / mashed
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Dried Parley Flakes or fresh
- Put cornstarch or flour in separate bowl, add half teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, if using.
- Stir well to combine.
- Wash shrimp and pat dry.
- Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper and add to the seasoned cornstarch.
- Heat pan over medium high heat, add oil.
- Add shrimp, shake off excess corn flour first.
- Turn over to cook the other side when they orange in color.
- Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towel (be careful).
- Add more oil and saute garllic until brown and fragrant.
- Add mashed salted egg yolk and about 3 tablespoons of water to loosen it.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add some parsley flakes and or chili flakes (optional).
- Add in the cooked shrimp, stir until the shrimp are evenly coated with the egg yolk sauce.
- Serve immediately over rice or pasta or as an appetizer. Enjoy 🙂