You know what they say: “When life give you lemons..” Turn those lemons into lemonades or better yet, into these yummy cookies. 🙂
I really like the fresh, clean taste of these cookies…like little bites of sunshine 😀
Why don’t you try making it to know what I mean. They’re perfect for tea time.
I wasn’t able to take lots of photos..only these two. But cookies are easy..I’m pretty sure anyone can do this with or without the visual aid. Promise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip together butter, sugar and lemon zest until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in egg then blend in egg yolk.
- Add lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- With mixer set on low speed (if using stand mixer) slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Scoop dough out about 1½ tbsp at a time and shape into a ball, then drop in powdered sugar and roll to evenly coat.
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet, repeat with remaining dough and space cookies 2-inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 - 13 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is adapted from here, (thank you 😊) I made a few alterations.