Here’s another mango dessert recipe that I mentioned from my last post. I got the idea from another food blogger, Ben of Kissing the cook. He used apricots but since we have lots of fresh mangoes, I thought it would be a good idea to use them instead. I used one big fresh mango and pureed it,which makes about 3-4 ounces, enough for this recipe good for 4 persons.
I served it with dollop of yogurt, the tartness of the yogurt goes really well with the sweet, molten mango cake.
mix melted butter, mango puree and flour until smooth
fold the mango mixture with the egg mixture
pour into prepared baking cups or ramekins
bake for about 8-10 minutes or longer
let cool for a few minutes before inverting onto plates
add some yogurt on top and enjoy! 🙂
MANGO LAVA CAKE
Makes 4 servings
3-4 ounces mango puree ( 1 fresh mango, peeled and processed in a blender)
4 tablespoons of butter ( 1/2 stick/ 2 ounces)
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons yogurt
1-1/4 cups of sugar
yogurt for serving
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Brush melted or softened butter on 4 ramekins or individual baking cups then add about a tablespoon of sugar on each and swirl it around to coat the sides and bottom of the ramekins. Set aside.
Melt butter and mix it with the mango puree in a medium bowl, stir thoroughly until well combined, add yogurt; sift flour and salt then add to the mango puree mixture. Mix well and set aside.
Combine egg and sugar in the bowl of your mixer, beat on high speed until ribbon stage- that’s when the egg mixture gets very thick and almost white in color and can hold it’s shape for about 4 seconds.
Gradually fold the mango puree mixture with the egg mixture, taking care not to knock the air out. Pour into ramekins and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, maybe longer depending on your oven. You need to keep an eye on it.
Once done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before inverting each onto a plate. Put a dollop of yogurt ( I heard Greek yogurt is good, if you have it, then use it) and serve!
♥ Have a nice day!! 🙂 God Bless! ♥
Mango Lava Cake
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 400F DEGREES. BRUSH MELTED OR SOFTENED BUTTER ON 4 RAMEKINS OR INDIVIDUAL BAKING CUPS THEN ADD ABOUT A TABLESPOON OF SUGAR ON EACH AND SWIRL IT AROUND TO COAT THE SIDES AND BOTTOM OF THE RAMEKINS. SET ASIDE.
- MELT BUTTER AND MIX IT WITH THE MANGO PUREE IN A MEDIUM BOWL, STIR THOROUGHLY UNTIL WELL COMBINED, ADD YOGURT; SIFT FLOUR AND SALT THEN ADD TO THE MANGO PUREE MIXTURE. MIX WELL AND SET ASIDE.
- COMBINE EGG AND SUGAR IN THE BOWL OF YOUR MIXER, BEAT ON HIGH SPEED UNTIL RIBBON STAGE- THAT’S WHEN THE EGG MIXTURE GETS VERY THICK AND ALMOST WHITE IN COLOR AND CAN HOLD IT’S SHAPE FOR ABOUT 4 SECONDS.
- GRADUALLY FOLD THE MANGO PUREE MIXTURE WITH THE EGG MIXTURE, TAKING CARE NOT TO KNOCK THE AIR OUT. POUR INTO RAMEKINS AND BAKE IN THE PREHEATED OVEN FOR 8-10 MINUTES, MAYBE LONGER DEPENDING ON YOUR OVEN. YOU NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON IT.
- ONCE DONE, TAKE IT OUT OF THE OVEN AND LET IT COOL FOR ABOUT 5-10 MINUTES BEFORE INVERTING EACH ONTO A PLATE. PUT A DOLLOP OF YOGURT ( I HEARD GREEK YOGURT IS GOOD, IF YOU HAVE IT, THEN USE IT) AND SERVE!