I love salmon, unfortunately we don’t get wild Alaskan salmon here but I’m happy to find it in a can. I prefer using it than fresh ones when adding to pasta dishes because it is very convenient and makes cooking easier and quick.
Pasta dishes like this is what I make when I don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen, especially now, that it’s summer..my whole kitchen feels like a furnace.
Here’s the recipe, let me remind you to just use it as a guide as I don’t really measure ingredients per se when cooking, especially, pasta dishes.
They are really easy, even if you are not a good cook, yet..just give it a try and follow your taste bud 🙂
Happy Cooking! God Bless
Salmon Spaghetti with Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Cook spaghetti, al dente, just follow instructions at the packaging.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat a pan over medium fire.
- Add olive oil, about 2 tablespoons.
- Saute garlic, onion until fragrant and onion is soft and translucent.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, cooked for about a minute then add salmon.
- Add cooked spaghetti and some of the pasta water, about ¼ cup.
- Toss gently to combine, season with ground black pepper.
- Add the fresh basil leaves, mix to combine.
- Turn off heat.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if using, on top just before serving.