One of my favorite dishes–shrimp in sauteed tomatoes. The addition of Rosé is a definite level-up for this very simple dish. I would suggest this dish if you are planning a cozy dinner with your special someone. 🙂
You may try to keep the heads and tails of the shrimp intact for a nice presentation. But I find it difficult to keep the heads in place as you can see in the photo only a few of them are still (barely) there.
So next time I’ll just stick to using the heads for flavor. 😀
Happy Cooking! God Bless
Shrimp in Pomodoro with Rosé
- Clean and devein shrimp, keeping the tail and the head.
- Or take the heads off, mash them in a bowl then add hot water to get the juice.
- You may use this instead of Rosé if you want or use both for more flavor.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add shrimp, let cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Take off the pan and set aside.
- Add more cooking oil (coconut or olive oil) to the pan then saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add rosé and or shrimp water.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer.
- Cook until the tomatoes are soft, mash the tomatoes with the wooden spoon.
- Add the cooked shrimp add more rosé and or shrimp water (or plain water) when it becomes dry.
- And let cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil just before serving and if you like, add minced fresh garlic and bird's eye chili for garnishing.(Optional)
- Enjoy as an appetizer or ulam 🙂