One of the simplest and delicious cakes out there and easily one of my favorites, too. I can’t believe that I have not posted it here yet, I thought I did. Anyhoo, like I said this is very easy and your home will smell unbelievably delicious when you make this-imagine warm lemon, vanilla and butter… Mmmmmm!
I didn’t change a thing in the recipe except that I use a baking pan instead of cast iron skillet ’cause I don’t own one. I have tried replacing the sugar with muscovado at one time and it’s good too, you can try that if you don’t want to use refined sugar. The almonds of course can be substituted with any nuts that you like.
This is really good..try it! 🙂
rub sugar and lemon zest in a bowl then add egg
..one at a time,
mixing well after each addition..
fold in flour mixture..
stir in melted butter and pour batter into the prepared pan
sprinkle almonds or walnuts and sugar on top and bake
serve warm with your favorite coffee.. ♥ the good life! 🙂
Swedish Visiting Cake
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch cake pan.
- Pour the sugar into a medium bowl. Add the zest and blend the zest and sugar together with your fingertips until the sugar is moist and aromatic.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Whisk in the salt and the extracts and stir in the flour. Finally, fold in the melted butter.
- Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Scatter the sliced almonds over the top and sprinkle with a little sugar. If you're using a cake or pie pan, place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it is golden and a little crisp on the outside; the inside will remain moist.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cake cool for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides and bottom of the cake to loosen it.
- You can serve the cake warm or cooled, directly from the skillet or turned out onto a serving plate.
♥ Have a nice day! GOD Bless! ♥