This is a quick and easy recipe, you can whip it up in a few minutes, pop it in the oven and in half an hour you’ll have delicious cake ready for dessert or afternoon snack for your family…and there’s more:
If you will notice, this is not a regular chocolate cake, I used whole wheat flour and bananas plus some chia seeds which makes it better nutritionally. 😉
The recipe only makes an 8-inch square cake, perfect for a small family like mine to enjoy over the weekend.
Happy Baking!! ü
Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Cake
FOR THE CAKE:
FOR THE CAKE:
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and chia seeds if using. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 8inch baking dish and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, frost with ganache.
FOR THE GANACHE:
- Put grated chocolate and coffee powder if using in a bowl, set aside.
- Heat cream in a saucepan just until it begins to boil, immediately pour heated cream to the chocolate.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool a bit then pour on top of cooled cake.