They said that when in Boracay, you shouldn’t miss calamansi muffins but unfortunately I wasn’t aware of it when my family and I went there for summer vacation a couple of years back.. sad. 🙁
Well, I will definitely try it when I go back there, maybe this year. 🙂
Meanwhile, I could try making it at home. Yay. I particularly like the taste of citrus on buttery cakes and pastries. Some of my favorites are lemon bars and lemon syrup butter cake. I imagine these calamansi muffins will be to my liking, too.
I found a copy-cat recipe of it from Pepper.ph. I just made tiny changes like used less flour and more calamansi juice; I liked the way they turned out, the whole family did (next time, though I’m leaving it a little longer in the oven to brown) hence; I’m adding it in my collection.
My kids are growing now, and they are more and more appreciative of my cooking especially my baking so I told them you can find the recipes of the food I make on my blog and you can make them for yourself when I get too lazy to make them.. harhar. 😉
Happy Baking! God Bless 🙂
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix milk and calamansi together in another bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add in milk mixture and flour mixture.
- Mix until well blended, don’t over mix.
- Scoop in non stick muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 18-23 minutes.