Pasta with Mushroom and Tomato Confit
Servings: 4 people
Cook pasta al dente, about 2 minutes short of what is indicated in the package.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 12 oz Spaghetti or any pasta that you prefer
- ½ batch Tomato Confit pureed
- 1 can Button Mushroom or champignon / sliced thinly
- 1 pc Red Onion medium size / minced
- Olive Oil extra virgin / for sauteeing
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil or ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano Powder dried
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- Parmesan Cheese for garnish / optional
- Cook pasta al dente, about 2 minutes short of what is indicated in the package.
- While that is cooking, heat a pan with extra virgin olive oil, about a tablespoon.
- Saute onion and mushroom, add chilli flakes, basil and oregano and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the pureed tomato confit and add a little pasta water to loosen the consistency of the sauce.
- Add the cheese, cook for about a minute then add the pasta.
- Add pasta water if needed.
- Plate and serve, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe is just a guide, I don’t really measure ingredients accurately..the best thing to do is to taste and adjust it to your liking.