These bars are so good even without any addition and really easy to whip up, the ingredients are staples in the pantry. Don’t mind the coconut flakes and dried pineapple in the title, you may add the usual nuts or butterscotch. I happen to have those (as welcome gifts from a hotel) for quite some time and I thought of adding it to blondies, I imagined it would add a nice texture and flavor for a change..and they do. But they are not necessary so don’t let that stop you from making this.
The key here is to brown the butter to let that nutty flavor come out.
Blondies (with coconut flakes and dried pineapple)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 pc large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes or dried pineapple or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper then grease with butter.
- Melt butter,transfer to a mixing bowl, add sugar and mix well. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well then add the flour and salt.
- Fold in the coconut flakes and dried pineapple if using. You can add nuts or butterscotch, whatever you have on hand or feel like adding.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes.Let cool on a wire rack before cutting. Enjoy😊
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!