This classic hors d’oeuvres is super easy and you can make it anytime! It’s not just for special occasions, but if you’re going to make it for a party or any gathering like for Easter Sunday, be sure to make a lot because it will be a hit! You may add other ingredients like bits of bacon, minced ham or prosciutto or pickle relish or onion to make it more special.
My daughter loves boiled eggs and today there are some extra boiled eggs and I thought I’d make deviled eggs to add to our weekend brunch. My family loved it! 🙂
I used ziplock bag and piping tip for the egg yolk filling to make it look dainty but it is not necessary. If you do not have piping tip, just use a ziplock bag and cut the tip or simply scoop the yolk mixture to the egg whites using teaspoons if you don’t want to bother.
- Peel and slice boiled eggs lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks out and put it in a bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks and add salt, ground cayenne pepper, mayonnaise and fresh cheese, if using.
- Mix well.
- Add more mayo or cream cheese if the mixture is too thick, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Scoop the yolk mixture into a small ziplock bag, cut the tip and squeeze a mound into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and more cayenne pepper (optional).
Take the eggs out and transfer to a bowl with cold water to cool.