One of my favorite desserts to make back when I didn’t know how to bake yet. This is no-doubt very easy but you need to make it in advance because it needs some time to chill in the fridge before serving. It’s been a long while since I last made this and I have quite forgotten how light and creamy and velvety it is, quite different from a baked cheesecake but delicious in it’s own way.
I wouldn’t want to be left alone with this especially when I’m hungry..
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake:
prepare the graham crust..you need to pack it really well (don’t mind my photo, I wasn’t done with the crust yet)
whip the creamcheese and sugar, then the cream and fold gently to combine;
pour into the prepared crust and chill for at least 2 hours,
then add the pie filling on top
..and dig in! YUmmmmmm!!
♥ Have a nice day! God Bless! ♥
- 1½ cups graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- One 8-ounce (227 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or all-purpose cream (like Nestle’s)
- 1 – 595 grams can ruby red cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a well greased 8-9 inch (20-23 cm) tart pan with removable bottom or spring form pan.
- Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- Combine lemon zest, if using, with the sugar, rub together until sugar is fragrant, set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the lemon-sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a clean bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gradually fold or beat the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling over the chilled graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for about an hour and then spread the cherry pie filling over the filling. Return to the refrigerator to chill for several hours, or even overnight.