I can’t believe I did not make this sooner…this is such a super yummy and really, really easy dish. There are only a few ingredients and I have them in stock. I made this the same day I got the recipe- I have all the ingredients for the marinade, and we had it for dinner the next day. This dish was suggested by Todd of A Cooking Dad for the Barefoot Bloggers group; it’s so delicious, the best part is it’s very easy..
I paired this with rice and sauteed egg noodles (I use pancit canton noodles and yes,we usually have it with rice–that’s a lot of carbs– we grew up on it) using the sauce from the chicken, I just threw in carrot strips and frozen sweet peas and added a little oyster sauce, I wish I had more veggies, but that’s all I have when I made this, it was delicious nonetheless. Thanks Ina, for a great recipe and Todd for suggesting it! 🙂
I halved the marinade because I only have half the quantity of chicken asked for in the recipe which is just perfect since there’s only 4 of us 🙂
cook the marinade and pour over chicken
bake chicken skin side down covered with foil..after 30 minutes..flip chicken and bake uncovered..
..I think this is done..
For the noodles, I don’t have an exact recipe, I just threw the following in a pan:
garlic, onion, carrots sauteed in sesame oil ..I added about half a cup of strained sauce from the chicken..I seasoned it with oyster sauce and black pepper ..
throw in some frozen peas or any veggies you like or readily available..add the noodles..
..ta-da.. serve with rice..yum!! ☻
INDONESIAN GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE
courtesy of Ina Garten and Foodnetwork.com
1 cup honey
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup minced garlic (8 to 12 cloves)
1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
2 (3 1/2 pound) chickens, quartered, with backs removed
Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.
♥ Thanks for reading..Have a nice day!! 🙂 ♥
Indonesian Ginger Chicken
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced garlic 8 to 12 cloves
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 2 3 1/2 pound chickens, quartered, with backs removed
- COOK THE HONEY, SOY SAUCE, GARLIC, AND GINGER ROOT IN A SMALL SAUCEPAN OVER LOW HEAT UNTIL THE HONEY IS MELTED. ARRANGE THE CHICKEN IN 1 LAYER IN A SHALLOW BAKING PAN, SKIN SIDE DOWN, AND POUR ON THE SAUCE. COVER THE PAN TIGHTLY WITH ALUMINUM FOIL. MARINATE OVERNIGHT IN THE REFRIGERATOR.
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F.
- PLACE THE BAKING PAN IN THE OVEN AND BAKE FOR 30 MINUTES. UNCOVER THE PAN, TURN THE CHICKEN SKIN SIDE UP, AND RAISE THE TEMPERATURE TO 375 DEGREES F. CONTINUE BAKING FOR 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL THE JUICES RUN CLEAR WHEN YOU CUT BETWEEN A LEG AND THIGH AND THE SAUCE IS A RICH, DARK BROWN.