Super simple dish. Without bacon or any meat. Perfect for those who are abstaining from meat this Lenten season. This pasta dish only has 3 ingredients: eggs, cheese and the fettuccine. My kids loved it even without their beloved bacon. 🙂
Mix the eggs and the grated cheese in a bowl.
You may use just Parmigiano- Reggiano (parmesan cheese) or Pecorino cheese. I used both because I love them both happen to have them on hand 🙂
Add the egg mixture to hot pasta and you’re done! How easy is that? And it’s healthy, too.
Happy Cooking! 🙂
This pasta dish only has 3 ingredients: eggs, cheese and the fettuccine.
- 12 ounces Fettuccine
- 2 pcs Eggs large size / or 3 pcs small sized eggs
- 100 g Parmesan Cheese or pecorino cheese / grated
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Flakes optional
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Place eggs and parmesan/pecorino and parsley flakes in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper then mix gently with a fork.
- Drain pasta, then return to pan.
- Quickly add egg and cheese mixture.
- Toss to combine - the heat from the pasta will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce.
- Serve immediately with extra cheese.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!