This delicious dish calls for a lot of rice. The creamy coconut adobo sauce is oh sooo good!! I once made a mistake of making this when I was so hungry. I ate so much rice but no regrets, I was so hungry and couldn’t stop eating until fully satiated. Well, the guilt came much later when I stepped in the scale. Ugh, I hate that scale. 😀
Chicken Thigh Fillet Adobo with Coconut Milk
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- Put a pan over medium high heat.
- Wash and pat dry chicken fillet with paper towels.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- When pan is really hot, put seasoned chicken skin side down and let cook until skin is bowned. You may or may not cover the pan.
- Flip the chicken and cook the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Take chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Add about a tablespoon of coconut oil ( or any cooking oil) in the pan, when oil is hot, add garlic and red chilies.
- Lower heat and add soy sauce, vinegar and a little water ( about 1/4 cup only).
- Bring to a boil then add coconut milk.
- Add laurel leaf, if using.
- Let it simmer then put the pan-fried chicken pieces.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced to slightly sticky consistency.
- Taste to check the seasoning.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!