This is a combination of my two favorites–grilled chicken and coconut curry sauce. I came up with this dish after coming home hungry for curry. I had some chicken marinating in the fridge ready for grilling but found out I’m out of curry powder.
I went ahead and grilled the chicken and thought of making separate creamy ginger coconut sauce to satisfy my craving for curry. I decided to add malunggay (moringa) powder because the white sauce looks boring plus I wanted this dish to be more nutritious and adding veggies will add to the cooking time and I was already hungry.
And that’s how this dish came about. Another favorite added to my list.
grill marinated chicken thigh fillet skin-side first
flip chicken to cook the other side
For the sauce- saute garlic and grated ginger and some chili flakes
add a can of coconut milk
add in the moringa powder
cook until it bubbles and reduce to a creamy consistency.
transfer grilled chicken on a platter
and pour green coconut sauce over it. YUM!
Grilled Chicken Thigh Fillet with Green Curry Sauce
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- In a small bowl, combine extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mix well.
- Season chicken thigh fillet with salt and ground black pepper and pour the olive oil mixture over it.
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook--
- Heat a stove-top grill until it gets really hot. Put chicken fillet skin side down first. cook until chicken skin is browned.
- For the sauce--
- Heat saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil then saute minced garlic, grated ginger and chili flakes. Add coconut milk and about 1/4 cup water. Add moringa leaves and let the sauce cook for about 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to a creamy consistency.
- When sauce is done, pour over grilled chicken, Enjoy this with rice...lots of rice! 🙂